Sunday, July 30, 2017

The Mammy-Gram

This morning I was really going to get up and get out and do a training walk. And then I decided not to. I know, nothing is ever going to change if I don't put forth an effort. It's just today I chose not to put forth an effort.

Anyhow, I did manage to take a shower and shave my legs. Because I have my annual lady doc visit tomorrow. And I'm not sure why I have to have fresh legs - maybe because I'm hoping that the hair on my legs will amount to the 80 pounds I had planned to lose by this time this year, last year. Needless to say, there has been no weight loss. And I'll just get that over with now, so I don't have to lament it in a blog post tomorrow.

In related news, I did get my annual mammogram last Friday. For those of you who have never had one, and you are a woman, I hope (if you qualify to get one) you have scheduled yours or already had it. My sister's breast cancer was caught just that way - very early so all she needed was a lumpectomy and some follow up radiation. And hers is one of countless stories of women who caught their breast cancers early.

Anyhow, mine went fine. I am not super endowed, so it takes a bit of maneuvering to get the necessary tissue on the proper surfaces in order to squeeze the boob between two plates to get a good picture. Today's tech was particularly adept at maneuvering and squeezing. Unfortunately, she was also a smoker, which was kinda unpleasant, being in such close proximity. As in totally up in my face as she was positioning me for the picture. Oh well, she was probably likewise unimpressed with whatever mouth odor emanated from my mouth, too.

Anyhow, once tomorrow is done (and I will spare you the details of THAT exam), I should be all caught up on my medical procedures for 2017. Well, except for the colonoscopy that's due. Even I don't want to discuss that one!
*****************************************************************************************
Blessings today include: family time at dinner and Mathieu getting picking up Chipotle; Molly bringing Starbucks; Everley, Lindley, and Emmatha time; Steve's safe travel home from Columbus; catching up on bills

No comments: