Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Womens March

Today, in response to yesterday’s event in DC, womens marches are going on all over the world. Of course, there are many detractors. Many who want to put down this representation of women and rights and solidarity. But there are many who want to make sure that the rights of groups that are dismissed by this new administration are heard.

Unfortunately this election has brought out the worst of many, including some of my friends. Some of their posts on facebook made me very sad. Unfortunately, some of their posts include today’s marches. Certainly, some of today’s marches have chosen slogans and signs that maybe I wouldn’t have used. But the bottom line is that we’re all here to stand up for the rights of those who might be dismissed.

Sam, Molly, Lindley, and I went to today’s march in Nashville. I tried to explain to Lindley why I was marching. I tried to explain that when I was her age, things were different for women. She lives in a world where opportunities are abundant for women. Today she will understand that she can also stand up for those whose rights might be in peril. She is also blessed that her mom Lynnette is in DC, marching with the tremendous group there.

The crowd was amazing in Nashville. I saw several friends there, and many others with like minds and purpose. It was a great day, and I’m glad to have been a part.
**************************************************************************************
Blessings today include: marching with all those in Nashville; lunch with Sam, Lindley, and Molly

No comments: