Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year!!

... aaaand I'm back. Again.

I wish I could tell you that I've been on an around-the-world trip. Or that I've been at "The Biggest Loser" camp. Or that I've been in a cave writing the next great American novel. Because if I had done any of those things, or any of another possibilities, then there might be some valid excuse from my lethargic blogging of late.

So I won't even attempt to make excuses. Instead I shall just say that here I go again, hoping to at least keep current. And maybe do a few catch-ups in between. As for now, here are the newsworthy bullet points ...

  • Maribeth, Everley, and Emmatha have returned to residence in their own home. It is still under some minor construction, but is livable. Mathieu has returned from his year in Cuba at Guantanamo Bay, so the family is back together!  In a semi-construction zone, but together! Hopefully the final inspection will be in a week or so, and they can fully move into the new part.
  • My knees are slowly improving. Maybe it's because LaLa has backed off Everley/Emmatha duty. It certainly isn't because LaLa has been doing the right things to get them better, but 2017 is a new year, so hopefully that will take place soon.
  • My house still looks like a hurricane has been through it, but as Maribeth and Co take things back to their house, my house is looking a little better. 2017 is also going to be a year for decluttering and cleaning, so maybe I will quit tripping over things soon. Well, probably not, since if there is anything that is bigger than an atom, in a room the size of a football field, my foot will somehow find it to trip over, but a person can hope ...
  • I am heading to Disney World in a few days for the annual trip for Disney Marathon Weekend. No, I'm not marathoning, but I will do a smaller race or two, and will be Molly's support team while she marathons. Then we will be doing a short Disney cruise, because Molly deserves it after four races in one weekend, and I have to go because I am her support team.
  • 2016 - lots of sadness and losses in all kinds of ways. Here's to hoping that 2017 is a great year.
See you tomorrow!!  Seriously, one can hope, can't she?
**************************************************************************************
Today's blessings include: the start of a new year; Sam bringing lunch and dinner; Steve's safe travel home from GDiz's house; Marilyn and family's safe travel to Disney

No comments: