Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Yup, today is my birthday. I am 59 years old, which means I am beginning my diamond year - my 60th. In anticipation and appreciation of such a momentous birthday/year, I am planning a big project. And what is that project? Why, it's Luanne's Sixty Things, of course! Let me explain ...

I have 60 things/activities/projects/habits that I am going to work on for the next two years. Why two years? Because I am actually starting my actual 60th year on Earth, and once that is done I will be legally 60 on this Earth, so in my crafty little mind, I have actually two years of 60 (and not to mention that for some of these items, I am going to need all two years). The notebooks to the left are my ways of making sure I stay on task.

What kinds of things are on the list? Some are trips/activities. Some are habits that I really want to either break or make. Some are projects and tasks. Some are things that I'm going to do 60 times or 60 versions of. And some are just things. I would list them all here for you, but the list is "fluid". Because two years is a long time. But along the way, I'll share them with you.

And yes, one is keeping this bleeping blog updated. Because technically, this "50+" blog is definitely in its last year. We'll see if Luanne@Sixty comes next!!

Meanwhile, here's to year 60 - both of them!!
*******************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: yellow roses from Lisa, Jeff, Grace, Mabry, and Kate; birthday dinner with the family; chia pet, serving platter, painting, photos, and earrings from the family; birthday cards from Pam, Emily, and Marilyn, blog catch up days - August 7, August 8, August 9

No comments: