Saturday, May 7, 2016

Tinkerbell's 10K

So yesterday after doing the 5K, my right leg was a bit iffy. Nothing particularly wrong, and my ankle was okay, but I could tell something was off. And today after about a mile, I knew something was off. By Mile 4, I just wanted to finish before the sweep vans came by. And by the finish, I knew tomorrow's half marathon would be out of the question - since I knew that by scraping by through Mile 6.2, there would be no way I could eek out seven more miles.  Just to give you an idea of how I felt ...


That would be me, to your left, in the floral skirt and purple skirt (just in case you thought that was me in the hat and pink tutu). As you can see, I had already wrapped my knee, but it just didn't work. I was thrilled just to finish, and had to admit that tomorrow would not happen. Disappointed? Yes, but I would rather try to protect my knee from totally blowing up. And as it turned out, later that night I could barely move it.

Oh well, there's always another Disney race - or so I hear ...
*******************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: finishing the 10K; sweet runners who would ask how I was doing and encourage me along the way; watching "Keanu" with Molly

No comments: