Monday, May 16, 2016

Letting Go Of That One ...

In 2016, I was going to wog/walk/crawl 2016 miles. I had a plan and it looked doable. And then Maribeth had a baby and my IT band decided to revolt and trying to keep up with exactly how many miles I accomplished became impossible. And so I have had to admit defeat. However many miles I will manage to do in 2016 shall remain unknown, mainly because I just don't have the motivation to try to figure it out.

I hate to admit defeat. I hated having to admit that I would not be able to do the Tinkerbell half marathon earlier this month. But there comes a time that you have to admit that something's not going to happen and let it go. And by letting it go, you have to really let it go and not beat yourself up about it. Because letting it go is not the end of the world.

Sure, you have to decide what you're going to keep going at (like getting this blog back on track) and what you're not (like 2016 miles). But in the end, I think you know which thing is which. Sometimes it takes more courage to admit that something is not going to happen than it does to keep dogging something attempting to make it happen. You just have to know and admit which is which.

So I won't be doing 2016 miles this year. Maybe next year. But I am going to get this blog back to where it should be. Seriously.
******************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: quiet Monday at home; accomplishing a few tasks; Emmatha time

No comments: