Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fashion

Back in the old days, when I was a child, fashion was basically what your mother told you to wear. And in my case, it was usually what my mother sewed for me. She was an excellent seamstress, and most of the time, I wore whatever was in my closet. At least until I was in junior high (another relic of times gone by) and developed an opinion. Also, in elementary school, girls weren't allowed to wear pants until I was in fifth grade and then only if they were "pants suits". And in sixth grade, we could wear these contraptions called "culottes" which were baggy kind of shorts, with flaps in the front or back. Anyhoo, that was then. This is now:

No photos, please! Fat chance of that ...

I shall banish you with my magic want. As all pre-schoolers can!

I will stand still for a photo. I shall not smile. Hurry up!!
So now you know the current fashion - sparkly silver shoes, a pink scarf (artfully tied around one's neck), a magic wand, and killer sunglasses. And of course, the look of death to those who try to cross you. I think it will work for the workplace!
********************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: taking Everley to school; beautiful day

No comments: