Tuesday, March 22, 2016

LaLa/Swaddle Fail

A picture is worth a thousand words?  Well, you're going to get a lot of those, what with a new granddaughter and all. And in case the 1000 words don't make it onto the page, I'm sure you will be able to add your own! And so, here's today's 1000 word photograph, thereby documenting my ineptness with the modern baby innoventions - in this case, the swaddle ...


Now, in case you are like me, and have little knowledge of said swaddle, I shall impart what knowledge I know. First of all, the swaddle is like a papoose kind of article/garment that is supposed to wrap around the baby, encasing them in the warm secure feeling that makes them happy and restful. Maribeth has two versions - a zipper one and several velcro ones. The one above is a velcro one (in case you couldn't tell by the lack of a zipper).

Anyhoo, because I want to be a good LaLa and do all the things that are important and that should lead to a happy and restful baby, I do attempt the swaddle. And upon the first look (in other words just after said swaddle is swaddled around the baby), I have successfully completed the swaddle endeavor. Then I leave the swaddled baby, go do whatever it is that needs to be done, and then return to see said baby and said swaddle in this predicament.

I don't know if I did it wrong, or the baby is a burgeoning Houdini. In the end, it doesn't matter too much - she's still asleep!!
************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: sleeping babies; Maribeth's continued remarkable recovery

No comments: