Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Fun Day

Today was a fun day.

First, I went to Maribeth's house in order to convince Everley to go to school (since I'm not the one who is 9 months preggers, some mornings it's easier for me to convince Everley to go than Maribeth, who would rather just go back to bed). Maribeth left to meet Lynnette and Lindley for pancakes. Everley was adamant about not going to school - until I asked if she wanted to wear her minion dress (which technically was her Halloween costume, but is more like a dress, so it's okay for school). Once she decided that this was available to wear, the sun came out and all was right with the world, and off we went to school.

I got her to her class in time for me to meet up with the girls for breakfast (I called in my order to them ahead of time). Technically, they shouldn't have been seated until ALL the party was there, but they fibbed and got a table. And then nabbed a nearby empty chair when I cut the rather long line and scurried to the table. In plenty of time to receive my pancakes and for the waitress to wonder what the heck was going on.

After breakfast, we headed to Maribeth's house and started preparation for painting Everley's room, which Everley had decided would be pink. We straightened up a bit, spackled holes and generally tried to get things out of the way for painting.

By this time, it was time for Maribeth to pick up Everley and then meet up with me, Lynnette, and Lindley for movie time - to see "Zootopia." It was a cute movie - well, at least the part I saw, since Everley decided she didn't want to see it all and we headed out to wander in the lobby. Until I convinced her that we needed to go to Home Depot to procure paint for her room.

Maribeth, Lynnette, and Lindley finished the movie, and the Ls went home. Meanwhile Everley and I had decided on the proper shade of pink and headed back to her house, where Everley decided she wold help me paint - which lasted about a wall and a half before I decided I was done (I generally hate painting to begin with). We went back to my house to sleep due to the paint fumes (and the fact that Maribeth has to work tomorrow), hopefully to head to bed pretty soon.

Man, that room is very pink ...
**********************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: minion dresses; breakfast and movies with Maribeth, Everley, Lynnette, and Lindley; choosing paint and painting with Everley

No comments: