Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!!

And here we are, in 2016. Do I have resolutions? Of course. Will I mention them here? Nope, mainly because I’ve forgotten some of them and others won’t make it past today. However, I am going to mention one – the Run The Year 2016 Challenge.

The goal of this challenge is to run/walk/crawl 2016 miles this year. That’s a lot, I know. It basically figures out to be around 5.5 miles a day. Yes, I still get that it’s a lot. But who doesn’t like a challenge? Okay, so that would be me. But I’m doing it anyway.

There are a lot of interpretations on this challenge. Some of the participants are only counting actual training and racing miles (those would be runners). Some are probably counting the miles covered in their vehicles (not allowed). Some are hoping to count imaginary miles (also not allowed). And some are doing what I’m doing – counting the steps on my Vivo Fit (a contraption on my arm that counts steps and converts them into miles). Of course, the real runners think that the step-counters are not doing the right thing. Whatevs – steps are miles are miles.

For me, I’m just trying to get more active. And if counting steps and turning them into miles is the way to achieve a goal, then so be it. I’m going to keep a counter on the side to let you know how many miles I’ve achieved - just in case you want to join me!
****************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Four miles in the hood and seeing other walkers; black-eyed peas with the family

No comments: