Friday, December 11, 2015

Opinions and Comments

I am often swayed by the comments and opinions of others. But it is never so evident as when I am Amazon shopping. Because once I find an item that I am considering purchasing, I go directly to the comments section. Because random, unknown people have a way of influencing my purchase decision.

My self-diagnosed, applicable when necessary, OCD compels me to study what other people are saying about the product. Mainly because I have pretty much determined that should anyone have an issue with the product, it will be me. Did someone's break? Then mine probably will. Did someone's quit working? Then so shall mine. Is this an ill-advised purchase? Super - those are my favorite kind of purchases.

And so I read the comments. Do I read the "happy and satisfied" comments? Heavens no - what a waste of time. I go directly to the 1-star comments. I put things in my Amazon shopping cart and take them out and put them back in. I read and ponder and put things in and out again. And eventually I buy it anyway. And then, no matter whether the product is wonderful or lousy, I never make my own comments. Why? Because it might influence someone else (not to mention if I really liked it, then the bad karma might show itself and the product would immediately break/cease to work/ explode).

Anyhow, I need to go read some more reviews and comments on Amazon. Not because I am making more purchases (although technically I will be), but because I could use a good laugh. And for that, I'm going to read this.  And you should too!!
**************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Maribeth, Mathieu, and Everley's safe travel back home

No comments: