Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving

Remember my recent tirade about all things Black Friday. Well, guess where I’m headed today – down to Orlando with Molly and Steve for Black Friday. I know – I am all that and more.

Again, I don’t do Black Friday. I just go because I have an alternative agenda (and I fly free with Steve). So while they do their shopping thing, I will be in the hotel napping and whatever else comes up (which won’t be eating a big meal, since everything is closed on Thanksgiving). Do I wish I were at home, watching the parades and putting up my Christmas tree? A little. But this is what I’m doing – this year, anyway.

But no matter where I am, I am very thankful this year for a year full of blessings. Blessings of family and friends, good health, trips here and there, and a life full of joy and love. If you are reading this, then you are one of those blessings. And I pray that in spite of all the hardships that come our way, that somehow we remember those blessings that come our way in between the bad times. Because in the end, those blessings are the things that sustain us and keep us moving forward.

Happy Thanksgiving!


In case anyone in the airport
was curious as to my destination ...


The view from our room - Sea World.
Which I shall not be visiting ...

****************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: safe, smooth, flight to Orlando; room ready upon arrival; quiet lunch in the hotel

 

No comments: