Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Quit Buggin' Me!!!

For some reason (and I don't know why nor do I care), Nashville has been playing host to this bug. I think it's called a stinkbug, although while it doesn't stink, it's presence does. It's a real pain. Here's the deal ...

Apparently these bugs are invisible - at least until they get into your house. Then they're up on the ceiling, or on the wall, or on your chair, or on your lamp, or anywhere they choose to be. It's not a lot of them at once - it's just one here and one there and one over there. And you don't know how they get in - probably because they're invisible until they get into your house and then they're visible - everywhere. At first I thought it might just be at my house - and then it seems that everyone in the family has them - maybe it's a Davidson house thing.

Anyhow, the other day, one decided to join me in the shower. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and let it live by scooting it to a dry spot of the shower. But no, it decided to slide down to the bottom of the tub, at which time I decided it had a death wish and promptly watered it on down the drain.

Sure, call me killer. I'm sure I've been called worse. I just think they need to seek shelter elsewhere. Besides, it's almost time for the wasps that come out of nowhere to start committing suicide in my front picture window, and I can only handle so many insectisuicides in one day!!
*************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Two miles in the 'hood with KB; beautiful fall day

No comments: