Thursday, November 5, 2015

Let's Talk Travel

Okay, so I just wanted to prepare you - I have a month of travel ahead of me. Most of it I've already done this year. Okay, this season, Okay, so maybe this month. But that's not important (or maybe that's why I'm telling you now). Some of the travel has been planned a year in advance. Some has been planned in the last few weeks. Whatevs. The point is I'm going places. Where? Yes, there. And there, too.

Anyhoo, yes I know I am lucky. And blessed. And privileged to be going so many places. I am thankful. And yes, I wish you could go with me (and I will perfectly understand if you just randomly show up at the hotel/port/airport - because I'm that kind of person).

I like going places - sort of. I also like coming home. Right now there's a lot of stuff going on a lot of different places (including home). So I'm just going to go with the flow and enjoy each moment - wherever it may be.

And if we happen to be in the same place, come on over and say hello. It's happened before, seeing friends at the same place, unplanned and unexpected, like a happy surprise from God. And after I travel here and there, I'll come back home. Because, as Lin Yutang said so beautifully,
"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel
until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow."
**************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: getting packed for road trip; beautiful fall day 

No comments: