Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Doiksgiving Plop

Since we won’t be together tomorrow for Thanksgiving, we decided to celebrate it tonight. Molly said she would cook the dinner in her crockpot, which would be a recipe she saw. Basically it’s Thanksgiving Dinner in a pot. Although I do not know the actual procedure or order, the premise is to put all your Thanksgiving meal components into a crock pot and cook it all together. This is a great idea if you are a Thanksgiving meal component combiner, but a horrible idea if you prefer your components to stay separated in their own little personal spaces. Welcome to Davidson Doiksgiving.

In the pot (as much as I remember and probably not in the correct order) were regular mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts (not a Davidson staple, but in the recipe and also a Molly staple), cornbread dressing, and turkey (and maybe some other items). The turkey is a turkey breast, possibly cut up, and it cooks along with everything else (if you want this actual recipe, contact me and I’ll pass you along to Molly).

It all got cooked, and Molly brought it over for us to consume, and it actually tasted quite good. Some critics suggested that it needed more seasoning and/or gravy, but for my bland food preferences, it was delicious (possibly tainted by the fact that I had to do nothing and since I do enjoy all my food in a pile, it was right down my do-nothing alley). We declared the meal a success, and Molly has now named her dish Thanksgiving Plop, because that was basically how it was served – scooped out of the crock pot and plopped onto our plates.

And that’s what I love most about Thanksgiving – being thankful for my family who loves each other enough to be together to enjoy a meal – plop and all!

***************************************************************************************
Thankful today for: Lindley and Everley time; Molly preparing Doiksgiving meal; family time

 

No comments: