Sunday, October 4, 2015

Friends Funnies

I talk a lot about friends. But as my children got older and moved out to create their own homes and families, once again I understood the value of my girlfriends. Maybe it was because once again I found time to spend with girlfriends. Maybe it's because we had shared experiences. Maybe it's because we had finally come around to the notion of treating and taking care of ourselves, and found like-minded girlfriends to share those moments. Maybe it's because I was ready to laugh without explanation, exhale without reservation, and rest in the company of those who understood.

There's something to be said for women who understand us, stand behind us, and are willing to accept us as we are. 

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
CS Lewis
 *************************************
Thankful today for: Steve's safe travel home and picking him up at the airport; Steve's steak and burgers on the grill for lunch with the family; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: