Sunday, July 5, 2015

Travelin'

Today was our last day at Disney - and my first day in Pigeon Forge. Our flight from Orlando was to leave after lunch, which meant I would get to Nashville in the early afternoon. My car was parked at the airport, so I would get in it and head to Pigeon Forge to meet up with Maribeth, Lynnette, Lindley, and Everley who would already be on their way.

My plan was to take a carryon suitcase, so I wouldn't have to wait at baggage claim (when Steve takes his golf clubs, I always check my bag - why bother with it?). In my bag down to Orlando, I had packed a "zippy bag" for this very purpose. What is a zippy bag?  It's a cheap Wal-Mart duffle bag that zips up small so you can pack it in your luggage for this very reason. So, I packed it and thought I was good to go.

I was until Steve and Molly determined that my zippy bag was too big to be considered carry on luggage. They kept doubting as we left the room and walked down the hallway. Finally I asked Molly what she really thought, and she convinced me that it probably was too big (although I still think it would have been fine). So, in the middle of the hallway, right beside somebody's door, we switched suitcases. I unloaded my stuff and Molly unloaded hers (she had packed in a carry on), and with stuff all over the place including the floor, we switched suitcases. Which possibly entertained the man who came out of the room that we were unpacking/repacking by.

With the luggage issue settled, we had lunch and then headed to the airport. Of course the weather was an issue, as thunderstorms were showing up here and there. But once we took off and were in the air, the flight was fine. We landed, I got in my car, and headed East. After a few stops for gas and snacks, I pulled into our condo place and met up with the rest of our party. We decided to pick up McAllisters for dinner and decided to call it a night. It's super quiet here, the temperature is decidedly cooler than Orlando, and we have a pretty good view.  I think I'm going to like it here!!


*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: lunch with Steve and Molly at Wolfgang's; safe, smooth flight home; safe trips to Pigeon Forge for both cars headed there; McAllisters workers; condo view and peacefulness

No comments: