Thursday, July 30, 2015

Lindley Shopping Day #2

This morning we sorta slept later and watched "Annie" (the Jamie Foxx version). Once that was over, we put on our daytime clothes and headed to the Brushfire Pottery to paint pottery. Lindley chose a cupcake shaped holder that will be used to hold her teeth for the Tooth Fairy (another one is loose) while I chose a teeny-tiny vase. Which I'm sure everyone will want, once it has been fired. Because I am such a wonderfully gifted artist - wait, no I'm not. And all it takes is a trip to any pottery place to remind myself of my lack of artistic genes. Anyhow, we painted our respective pieces and left them with the real artists at the store to be fired - we'll pick them up in about 10 days (I hope they call me when they're ready).

Our next stop was Target, but I decided to stop at the Carters store first. They are having an amazing sale, and I also had a coupon. We first found matching outfits for Baby and Bitty Baby, and then proceeded to look for clothes for their mommy. We found quite a few on the sale rack (plus they were an additional ?% off) and a few other things like $5 t-shirts. We racked up quite a bit, and then headed to Target. Where we bought one on-sale shirt and one on-sale pack of My Little Pony Pops (because we did the math and these were a great deal - at least according to the 5-year-old genius with whom I was shopping, although she does keep track of my spending by asking if I have enough money to buy whatever it is we are buying).

Once finished, we quickly headed home for a bite of lunch (of course I heated up the mac and cheese, just a portion of what I thought Lindley would eat, and of course she wanted more when she was done, but since we were headed to pick up KB for an airport run, I convinced her to wait until we got back). Lindley miraculously also had time to assemble the Pop Ponies - and eat lunch. I told you she was a genius! We had plenty of time to pick up KB and drop her off for her fun weekend in Denver.

We got back to the house and had dessert (who wants mac and cheese when you can have a bowl of cookie dough ice cream). Lindley changed Big Baby and Bitty Baby into their new matching outfits and soon Lynnette arrived to pick up Lindley and return home (they have to pack for their trip to Dallas to see Grandmom and Granddad).

Steve and I had some dinner before heading to the Sounds baseball game, where a family of Amazons sat next to us (really - they were all about seven feet tall and fill out proportionately). Our seats are on the end of the row, so we had to get up about a dozen times for them to go get food - apparently when you are large,  you need to eat a lot. The other down side was when one of their friends came to chat awhile and decided to chat while she was standing up - right in front of us, blocking our view of the field. We probably would have asked her to sit her carcass down, but we were rather in awe of the size of the family, so we didn't. After five innings, we decided to leave. The Sounds were winning, but ended up losing in extra innings.  Oh well - tomorrow night we will return again and guess what - free blanket giveaway night (who doesn't need a blanket in 90 degree weather!).
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: shopping with Lindley; taking KB to the airport; baseball game with the giants; nice saleslady at Carters store

No comments: