Thursday, June 11, 2015

Cut it!!

There comes a point when I am sick and tired of putting my hair in a pony tail and/or bun because it's out of control. I have whackadoodle hair that has a mind of its own, and quite frankly, that mind is completely whackadoodle. When this point occurs, I do the same thing every time. I head for the nearby Heads Up beauty parlor (that's salon for you young 'uns) and tell the person to whom I'm assigned to "cut it off."

Of course they always ask me "what I want." As if I knew. What I want is beautiful hair that will always look cute no matter what I am doing. But since they do not have magical powers, I give them all the instruction I can muster. And that would be, "Cut it off in layers."

I don't know why I always specify layers, except that seems to help give my hair some sort of shape. And maybe because whenever it isn't cut into layers, it sort of just hangs there looking confused. At least when it's in layers, each of the layers think they have a purpose.

So anyhow, today was hair-cuttin' day. I went to Heads Up and requested a haircut. Yes, I have been here many times. Yes, I know the names of some of the people that have cut my hair. Do I request them? No, because I am in hair crisis and I need the first available hair cutter available. It's sort of like walking into the ER - I need help NOW!! It's sort of uncomfortable when my former hair cutters walk past and look at me like they know me and their hearts are probably breaking because I have seemingly rejected them (or secretly relieved that they don't have to tackle my hair disaster).

Today Kim cut my hair. She did a pretty good job. I would guess she cut about four inches off. It feels good - I just can't tell you if it looks good (as if I care). And no, I will not be posting a photo - although it sort of does resemble the 'do in the picture above.

So now I'm ready for summer with my short summer 'do. And my pony tail holders get the summer off!
**********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Kim and her cutting skills; swimming with Sam, Steve, Lindley, and Everley; boiled shrimp for dinner

No comments: