Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Big Project - Complete!!

I have lots of big projects I need to do around the house.  Besides the usual cleaning and such, there are closets to clear out, junk to clear out, freebies to get rid of, many other assorted tasks to complete. Today I managed to actually complete one!

This one involved photos. We have a lot, because we have three children and all that is related to them in terms of events and people. We have a lot of photos because back in the day, one could not store them on a computer. One had to print them out. Of course some people kept the negatives (look it up if you don't know what those are), but I managed to get rid of those a long time ago. And yes, I can no longer print those out, so I have obviously recklessly discarded memories. Whatevs.

Anyhow, I have tried over the past 38 years to store these photos in a variety of ways. First there was the old school albums that had a sticky page and a clear sheet that you put over them once you had put them on the sticky page. Which was fine until our photo collection started gaining speed as we moved from place to place and had kids. I got different photo albums that had individual slots for photos and started using them. At least until the photos kept falling out. I tried photo boxes, but the more experiences and kids we had, they kept getting jumbled up.

Finally, a few years ago, I got some albums with the individual slots, labeled each album with a person's name, and sorted the photos into albums. Well, most of the photos. And I taped each individual slot shut so the photos would stay in their places. That worked, until I would want to use a particular photo (you know, like for a blog) and have to untape the slot, get the photo out, and then put it back and probably not retape the slot, which meant the photo was going to fall out. I grew weary of this system, so I took all the pages out of the albums and put the pages in a big box and sold the albums at one of our "last one ever" garage sales. Okay, so I gave them away. Okay, so I foisted them on some unsuspecting person.

Anyhow, my plan was to go back to the photo boxes. I was just waiting for a good time to start using them again. Apparently 2013 and 2014 were not the good times I was waiting for. However, this week Michaels had the photo boxes on sale, plus I had a coupon, so off I went for boxes. Once procured, I labeled the boxes (sorry if your name isn't on one) and spent the better part of a day sorting photos. And I finished!! Now I can possibly locate that picture for that blogpost that I am behind on.

My only question is this - since I actually did complete this task, does that mean I'm good for completing tasks in 2015??
***********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Lindley and Everley time; going through old photos

No comments: