Saturday, May 30, 2015

Yeah - They Went Without Me!!

Last night I took Maribeth and Molly to the airport. To catch a flight to Orlando. So they could spend the night at the airport. So they could get up today and catch the bus to the port. To get on the Disney Fantasy. Yes, you heard me. THEY ARE GOING ON A CRUISE WITHOUT ME!!!!

Day 1 - As will be the venue for all week ...
Are they bad daughters? No, not really. I'm sure I was asked to go (or maybe not - I wouldn't/couldn't go anyway). I think I viewed this as a time for them to be together on a sister cruise with no responsibilities as to husbands, boyfriends, kids, family, and/or friends. And I think they will have a great time (Rainforest Room, anyone?) The chance to do whatever you want without having to consider anyone else (this would include the sister with whom you're travelling) is a rest - and a treat!



Apparently tropical prints were all the rage
 back then ...
See, the idea of a sister cruise is not news to me. For many years (and cruises), my sister Marilyn and I have gone on sister cruises (and Disney World trips) with just the two of us (fortunately our wardrobes have upgraded a bit since then). And no, these weren't the gigolos we picked up on the cruise. We've had many fun experiences (drinking Tequila at a jewelry store and eating lunch in a chicken coop, to name a few). We've worn some ?? outfits (from mumus to hats to matching shirts) and met some interesting people (that we promptly discussed later in our cabin). But we've had fun and that's what is important.


So was I jealous because Maribeth and Molly got to go on a cruise without me? Maybe. But maybe not - I have a sister too!!  Bon voyage!!
**********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: getting photos and stories from Maribeth and Molly's cruise; quiet day at home; Lindley sleepover


No comments: