Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Time - How It Does Fly By

It's been many years since I've attended the graduation of a child of mine. Tonight I got to relive that experience as I listened to Sam speak at his high school alma mater. I got a little teary as I watched those young men and women march into the ceremony, so young and full of promise. And I couldn't help but remember how just 16 years ago, my son was one of those marching in. And I imagined how 63 years before that, my father-in-law received a diploma from the same high school

It seems as though yesterday Lindley was born, yet she will start kindergarten in the fall. In thirteen years, she will be marching to the sounds of "Pomp and Circumstance" as she goes to collect her high school diploma. And as I wonder where she will be and who she will be at that point, I also wonder where and who I will be.

Sixty-three, sixteen, thirteen. Just numbers in some ways and lifetimes in another. But when you really come down to it, it's only today that matters. So make the most of yours as I will of mine, because in just about a minute, it's going to be a memory. Make it a good one.
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: getting our Sounds shirt at the game then picking up Lindley and Lynnette, then going to Hume Fogg graduation and listening to Sam speak

No comments: