Thursday, May 14, 2015

Getting Ready

Marilyn and Eddie are coming into town today. Marilyn is planning a wedding shower with her friend Cindy for their mutual friend's daughter, who lives here. I'm doing nothing for the party except providing the venue. I know, a party at my house - the neighbors will be shocked. But I figure, if they don't care, why should I? I did help out by getting soft drinks at Kroger last week when they were on a super-sale. Hey - everybody has their role in life!

Anyhow, one of the things that Marilyn had planned for the party food-wise was peach cobbler. They wanted to have local vendors for this party, and Marilyn had found out about a place called The Peach Cobbler Factory and thought it sounded good. And I had found a Groupon for the place (I told you everybody has a role), and everything was looking promising. Until Marilyn called to reserve the cobblers. The lady on the phone had asked for the Groupon number, which I had but Marilyn didn't. By the time I had given Marilyn the number and she tried to call the number back, Marilyn couldn't get anyone to answer (although I think she left messages).

Now, to pick up the cobblers, one has to go to the Nashville Farmer's Market. Since Marilyn and Eddie weren't due to get in until after the cobbler place's hours were over, things were getting a little dicey, because Marilyn was wanting to make sure her order was in and everything was going to be ready for Friday. So I volunteered to go to the Farmer's Market and make sure everything was copacetic (today I was clearly going to be using all my talents - driving, talking, Groupon-ing).

I headed down to the Farmer's Market around lunch. I had never really been there at lunch on a weekday, so I was no prepared for the (a) crowd, and (b) no parking. Since the market is located close to downtown, apparently everybody who works downtown and around head to the market for lunch. And once I had found a parking place and walked in, I knew why. If you want something fresh and yummy to eat, the Farmer's Market is the place to be. Even Batch has a store there!

I walked in, looking for the cobbler's store. What I found was that the store was actually a card table with pies on top. The guy behind the table was really nice, and after a bit of talking and explaining and Groupon-pulling-out, we made sure the order was on track.

I returned home, Marilyn and Eddie arrived, and they left to pick up Cindy and have dinner. Time to get ready for the weekend!!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking Everley to school; fun at the Farmer's Market; Marilyn and Eddie arriving in town

No comments: