Friday, May 29, 2015

Facebook

I am currently in a love-hate relationship with Facebook. In many ways, I do enjoy it. I like catching up with friends both old and new. I like learning about people that I know and don't know (because the don't-knows have been linked to friends and I click over to the don't-knows stories and start reading because I like non-fiction and this is like reading a book). I like it because I learn stuff like hacks on everyday stuff and recipes that look delicious but I know I will never make. I like it because I see photos of people and I see sayings that I like. However ...

I don't like it because sometimes I agree to be friends with people that end up polluting my newsfeed with their rants and ravings that hurt my brain. I don't like it because I see old friends that look just like they did when they graduated high school (okay, so maybe it's a reality check I don't like). I don't like it because it takes up a lot of my time (okay, my choice, but still ...). I don't like it because people and places want to use it to sell me stuff (okay, so maybe Amazon pulls me in from time to time). I don't like it because sometimes people post things that are cryptic and I don't understand so my brain hurts again.

So what should I do? Quit facebook and not know stuff or read interesting stories? Clean up my friends - and which ones would that be? Limit myself to a certain amount of facebook time every day - will really need to work on my Evelyn Woods speed reading techniques.

Yep, it's going to have to be one of those. Now to figure out which one ...
************************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking MB and Molly to airport; quiet night at home

No comments: