Monday, March 30, 2015

Seek And Ye Shall Find ... Or It May Just Show Up!

This morning I went over to Maribeth's to take Everley to school (after she got up, ate breakfast, and got dressed). Being Monday and having about a million things to do, Maribeth prepared to leave the house (keep in mind this was about 6am-ish). She started looking for her keys, but couldn't find them. Since she has only two sets for her car (thanks to being a key-less starting car), she keeps one set at my house (this as a result of a lost key incident a few years ago). Anyhow, today she could not locate her keys.

As a result, Maribeth got in her car, drove to my house, picked up the extra keys, and returned to her house to switch cars and return my keys so I could provide school bus duty later on in the morning. Maribeth left and I started looking for her keys. She had also suggested that I ask Everley when she woke up, as Everley might have put them in a "good spot."

I could not find the keys, even looking in the places that a 3-year-old (well, almost) would have thought of as a "good spot." After a few minutes, I heard my phone ding, indicating a text message. As I started retrieving my phone from the pocket of my jacket, I also noticed a jangling that sounded like a set of keys. Which seemed sort of odd, since my keys were clearly in view on the kitchen counter. And what was the jangling? Maribeth's keys, of course!  We do not know how they got there, and only Everley was in the clear since she was still asleep. I guess I put them in there, although I certainly didn't remember it.

Moms and Mondays - what can you do?
********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: key fun; taking Everley to school; family dinner at the Doik

No comments: