Monday, February 2, 2015

Stacked Possibilities

Welcome to today's installment of "Luanne's New Water Heater and Laundry Room Saga." Today's guest will be the dude from the handyman company.

With the old hot water heater gone and the refrigerator moved in, it was now time for the washer/dryer issue to be solved. As you may remember, my grand plan of putting them on pedestals was a bust. With Melvin's idea of building a platform to put the machines on, I forged on. Not for me to make them, but to hire someone to do so. Maribeth has had some handyman dudes do some work for her and highly recommended them, so I emailed them to do the same for me. Today was the day Mr. Head Handyman was going to come out to look at my requests.

Basically I had two - the first was to change two regular outlets with two outlets that have USB ports in them. Sure, I could probably read the instructions and done it myself, but instead I decided to protect the few remaining functional brain cells I have and not electrocute them by such a task. Mr. HH said sure, they could do that.

Then I took him into my laundry room to assess that situation. I explained my pedestal situation and asked about his dudes building the desired platform (they were also going to have to tile the corner that was tile-less, thus creating a level place for this whole project). Well, Mr. HH took some measurements and took some pictures and thought a bit, and then asked, "Have you thought about stacking your washer and dryer?"

Well this was music to my ears. Of course I had thought about stacking them. I had also thought about hiring Mary Poppins to do my bidding and wearing a bikini on the beach this summer. None of these have seemed plausible up to this point. However, now Mr. HH was giving me an option to at least one of my dreams.

I mentioned the fact that although the machines were of the same brand, they were not of the same model - could they indeed be stacked? He quickly assured me that they could. And being the trusting, gullible soul that I can be, I quickly said, "Whoopity do, let's do it."

So, later today I will get an estimate for this work and soon I will have tile on my floor and a stacked washer and dryer. Maybe there's hope for Mary Poppins and the bikini ...
*******************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking and picking up E to/from school; chatting with handyman dude about possibilities; Molly chicken and dumplings for dinner

No comments: