Friday, February 6, 2015

And They're Stacked!

Will today be the final installment of "Luanne's Hot Water Heater/Laundry Room Project?" Yeah, I doubt it, too. But today is a very important episode - the washer and dryer will be stacked!!

After taking Everley and Lindley to school (after a nutritious breakfast of chocolate milk and sweet rolls and after promising Everley could take a book to share with the class but forgetting that Lindley wanted to take one although she never mentioned it until we were headed down the road in the car), I arrived back at home to wait for the handyman miracle dudes. I was given a hour's window of when they might appear, which they did, of course, at the last part of the hour. Nevertheless, they arrived and set about their work (there were two dudes).

I showed them the project areas and the tile I had found that was fairly close to the existing tile and the replacement outlet. They studied it a bit and got to work. The outlets were done with ease. The tiling was done with ease. Then it came time to stack the washer and dryer. It was eventually done with ease, once the dryer plug was relocated (which meant a trip to Home Depot to get some pipe stuff to encase the wire because there needed to be a junction box because the other wire that was behind the wall wasn't long enough and the dryer was high in the air now). The dudes also moved in my folding/cat-litterbox-hiding cabinet and snaked the dryer exhaust hose through it (after putting two hoses together). In the end, it was finished and fabulous! Nope the washer and dryer do not exactly match. And yes, I sort of have to get on a stool if I want to carefully choose my dryer settings. But they are stacked and the pipes from the tankless are hidden and everything looks great. And sort of makes me want to do some laundry. Makes one wonder if I fancied up a room with exercise equipment, would it make me want to do some exercise ...
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: getting Everley and Lindley to school without tears; Gdiz and Steve's safe travel back to Columbus; handyman dudes; getting the laundry room done

No comments: