Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Gas Dudes

Today's Saga of the Hot Water Heater continues. Yesterday when the plumber people were telling me about the new tankless system, they informed me that I would need to contact the gas people, because I am the homeowner and I need a different meter because the tankless needs a different flow/valve/doohickey in order to produce hot water. I said okay, and called the gas people who said they would be out today.

Two dudes arrive and I explain what is needed. Actually, I read what the plumber people wrote down for me to say (because I knew when push came to shove, I would sound like to goofball when attempting to explain what I heard from the plumbers). The gas dudes still looked a little perplexed, so I read it again. I then did my best impression of, "I dunno, but you're supposed to know," in hopes that they would get cracking. Instead, they asked when the plumbers would be here to install the tankless. I told them Monday, to which they responded that they preferred to do the work then, so we could all be on the same page. So the gas dudes left, telling me they would reschedule the work for Monday. The day we will all be on the same page.

Like that's really going happen ...
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: taking and picking up Everley from school; gas dudes

No comments: