Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Let's Call In A Sick Day

There's a baby attached to that arm ...
This week I'm taking Everley to school because Maribeth has to be at work early. However, this morning when I got to their house, Everley was having none of this. After chatting (on my part) and screaming (on her part), Everley decided to burrow into the bed (you might be able to see her arm under the pillow). There was no cajoling her into getting out of bed. And yes, I considered strong-arming her out of the bed and into daytime clothes and force-feeding her some breakfast before shoving her into her car seat and dragging her into school. Instead, I decided life is short and to let her stay burrowed, hoping that perhaps a little quiet time would cause her to change her thoughts about school for today.





This is her "sick face."
Well, after an hour or so of burrowing, more chatting, and more screaming, accompanied by some weeping (not saying by whom), I texted Maribeth and called an audible. I suggested that perhaps today was not the best day for Everley to go to school, and perhaps a day with LaLa would be better for everyone (particulary LaLa). Maribeth concurred with my diagnosis. When Everley was informed of this new outcome for the day, her attitude miraculously changed as did her outfit. She got dressed, we ran errands, and we went to LaLa's to finish out the day.

I guess on some days, a day of LaLa is all you need to feel better!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: spending the day with Everley; still getting tasks complete

No comments: