Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Yes, I cooked. Hoppin' John, to be exact. I studied several different versions before settling on this one. And I didn't even use canned black-eyed peas. I used dried peas, which meant soaking them forever before cooking them forever more in the crock pot. But in the end, they were delicious, accompanied by some cornbread (made from a mix, thank you).

Anyhow, at some point during the day we looked up all the meaning behind the dish and all the good luck monetary symbolism. And we also found out that if you eat the leftovers on January 2, it's called Skinny Jenny. Which I plan to do, because I'm hoping that will mean  that not only will 2015 be a good year for me money-wise, but also perhaps skinny-wise! Hey - it's a new year, ready for new dreams!!

Happy New Year's Y'all!!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: Hoppin John for lunch; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: