Monday, December 29, 2014

Travel Day - Yippee!!

Today is a typical Davidson travel day. Steve and I are driving home from Columbus and then once we get home and he packs up, Steve will go to the airport for a flight to Ft. Lauderdale for the Orange Bowl (Mississippi State is playing). Meanwhile, Sam, Lynnette, and Lindley will be flying back from Ft. Worth after spending Christmas with the Ogles (Lynnette's family). Sam will hang around Nashville until Wednesday, when he will fly to join Steve (and other Davidsons and all the other MSU fans) at the Orange Bowl. The good news is that I. Am. Going. Nowhere.

I am happy to stay home and possibly in my pajamas for a few days. Sure, there's plenty of stuff to do around the house (isn't there always?). But I'm looking forward to just sitting around and watching some Redbox movies.

Of course, it helps that I have new couches to enjoy during these quiet days. Did I mention that they are power Lazyboy recliner sofas? I'm not sure which one of us enjoys them more - Minnie Cat or me!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: safe travel home; brief breeze through Lazy-Boy store; lunch at McD's with Steve; boiled shrimp/guacamole/Rotel dip birthday dinner for Sam; Lindley and Everley time; Mathieu making an airport run for Steve; Steve's safe travel to Miami

No comments: