Wednesday, December 31, 2014

So Long, 2014

It was a good year. Let's review ...

I traveled a lot. Most of the big trips were on a plane. I flew to Florida and to California and to Alaska and to Pennsylvania and to Puerto Rico. I still am not a fan of flying, but thankful to have had good flights.

I participated and completed a whole bunch of races. Most of them were Disney. There were a few others thrown in for good measure. Most of them I did with Molly, and a few others I did with KB and Lynnette and Steve. I got to see my Disney Volunteer Aisling a few times, and I met some new friends along the way. I never trained the way I should have (so much for that resolution), but I'm thankful for all the adventures and experiences these races provided.

I went on a few cruises. I cruised to the Southern Caribbean, to the Bahamas, to other parts of the Caribbean, up the California Coast, and to Alaska. I cruised with family and with friends. I left from the ports of Port Canaveral and San Juan and San Diego and Miami and Vancouver. I took excursions on trains and boats and segways and on foot. Although Alaska will always be my favorite, I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to experience so much of the world in this relaxing way.

I had a lot of fun with family and friends. We went places and ate at places and had fun at places. We stayed home and watch a lot of Disney Junior. We had sleepovers and birthday parties and family trips. We enjoyed each other, except for when we didn't, which didn't last long until we were enjoying each other again. I am most thankful for every family member and friend with whom I was blessed to have spent time with this year.

2014 has been a wonderful year. It's had its share of friends who had lost loved ones and who have welcomed new little ones. It's been a year of learning and experiencing and enjoying. I guess what I'm saying is, "Thank you 2014. I hope I did you as proud as you have blessed me."
*********************************************************************************
Today was a gift because: pajama day; watching the Bulldogs not win the Orange Bowl; making plans for upcoming trips

No comments: