Sunday, November 23, 2014

Bedtime Stories

This morning, Maribeth and Everley are headed to North Carolina to spend some time with Mathieu's sister and kids. Their flight leaves at 6:30am, so that means Mathieu and Maribeth will come by at 5am before going to the airport. Last night after the girls had gone to sleep, I got up and went back to watch some adult shows on television - before you get all excited and wonder what I would be watching (technically the end of the MSU-Vandy game), an adult show is anything that is not Jake, Sophia, Doc McStuffins, or anything on the Disney/Sprout television network (that designation is via Lindley).

Anyhow, at some point I went in to check on them, and I found Everley in this position - half on/half off the bed. Clearly she considered getting up and then decided against it - she just couldn't hoist herself back up on the bed before falling back to sleep. Yup, I know how that feels ...
Meanwhile, on another bed in the house, this happened. Which wouldn't be a big or unusual thing, except that this is a new bedspread that had just been delivered in the mail. I had just made the bed and walked out of the room. Upon my return, I see Minnie Cat testing it out. And probably leaving plenty of black cat hairs to mark her spot (and hopefully nothing else).

Clearly stuff happens when I leave the room...

*********************************************************************************
Today was a gift because: Everley waking up happy and ready to travel; Everley and Maribeth's safe travel to NC; Steve's safe travel back home; Sam and Lynnette's safe travel back home; Lindley's hair-cutting experiment (at her house while under her parents' supervision); Molly's leftovers for dinner; vacay planning with Molly

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I love the new bedspread!