Sunday, October 12, 2014

I Heart Fall!!

The leaves are beginning to fall from the trees.  It's been raining for the past few days, and more rain is predicted for the next several days. The days are getting shorter with a slight dip in temperature. The season is changing, and I love it.

Apparently fall officially started on September 22. Since I was on a boat in the Southern Caribbean, the first official day of fall went unnoticed. But now that I'm back home, I am cherishing the dropping of every leaf.

I think I like fall because it represents a slowing down and shedding of parts of yourself.  It's getting rid of things so that you can produce new things.  It's calming down for a winter's rest before you start over in the spring.  It's crisp air, and beautiful foilage, and holiday festivities.

Now it's time to get outside and spend some time appreciating and relishing in the beauty this season brings. Fall is a gift, wrapped in beautiful packaging. You just have to unwrap it and enjoy it!
********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: airport pickups for Lindley, Lynnette, and KB; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: