Thursday, October 2, 2014

And We're Off Again!

Well, I am, anyway.  Today (after packing at 2pm), Maribeth took me to the airport at 2:30pm (my choice, since I was running late and wanted a shower), in time to get through security (thank you, TSA Pre) and get in line for boarding at 3:05.  A few hours later I arrived in Orlando (full flight, thanks to Metro's fall break) and met Molly (who had arrived from Las Vegas) at the car rental counter. (I love parentheses, don't you?)

Anyhow, we're here at Disney World (shocking, I know) for a couple of races (Halloween 5K and Tower of Terror 10 Miler).  Both take place on Saturday - one at 7:30am and the other at 10pm (yup, 10 PM).  Katie will be arriving tomorrow to join us in our endeavors.  And possibly some good eating at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. After checking in to our hotel, Molly and I walked over and had a few preliminary tastes, which were very delicious!

Of course, it's supposed to rain for both races, so we'll see how that develops.  For some reason, I am actually prepared for the rain with plastic bags and duct tape to cover our shoes and ponchos to cover the rest of our bodies.  However I did forget my pajamas.  Anyhow, here's hoping that the rain is very light, since the 5K is technically a "trail run" which would equate to mud.

Anyhow, it should be a fun weekend, especially if one concentrates on the good eating and not the 10 miles at night.  At any rate, it will be done by Sunday, when I'll meet up with Emily and Jeanne for a Three Amigos (Plus One) reunion.  Which will not be at Disney World, but will be Disney-related. But we'll leave that for Sunday.  I'll need a blog topic for that day!! Bon appetit!!
*********************************************************************************
Today is a gift because: safe flight to Orlando; time to read on plane; nice seatmate who retrieved my bag from overhead; meeting Molly at car rental place; finding change for tolls; eating at Epcot

No comments: