Wednesday, September 10, 2014

And It's Time To Pack. Again.

After unpacking the red suitcase from the last trip, it's time to pack a different suitcase for the next trip (why a different suitcase?  because I have another one that I like).  This trip is for the 3-Day Breast Cancer Walk in Philadelphia.  With KB, Sharon, and Molly.  It's a girls weekend - just not the easy, relaxing kind.  We have not sufficiently trained for walking 60 miles in three days, but we're not letting that stop us.  At least not until we get there ...

Anyhow, after last year's monsoon during the first two days of that 3-Day, today's packing has its challenges.  Do I pack two pair of shoes (last year our shoes were drenched every day)?  Do I pack the heavy ponchos or the flimsy ones (there's a chance of rain)?  How many sets of clothes?  How many cases of Tylenol?  And Ben-Gay?  In the end I just threw in some stuff and hoped for the best.  Sharon and I leave at 9 in the morning, and KB and Molly arrive tomorrow night after a full day at work.

Anyhow, we're walking for a cause, that maybe one day breast cancer will be defeated and be a threat no longer to anyone's lifetime.  Now if I can just get my suitcase zipped ...
****************************************************************************
Today is a gift because:  getting stuff together; getting suitcase packed; Steve cooking burgers and chops on the grill; dinner with Mathieu and Maribeth

No comments: