Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Party Time!!

Tonight was my official family birthday party.  Normally I don't like doing parties after the fact, but this was the one day that most of the family was in town.  And so we had a party.  The menu?  Boiled shrimp, Manwhich, Suddenly Salad (ranch version), french fries (in case you preferred your Manwhich over fries rather than on a bun), green salad, and Funfetti cake with the last can of Rainbow Chip Icing (discontinued, much to the distress of Maribeth and Lynnette - sure this can technically has its "best by" date of May 12, 2014, but we ate it anyway).  Anyhow, as far as the menu went, there was something for everyone.

This year was a great year in terms of gifts for me.  I would have included photos, but I don't really have any.  Besides, I am on a plane headed west and trying to catch up, so you'll have to use your imagination.  Anyhow, in addition to my lovely Disney Cruise Toms, I also received:  Disney shirts, reading glasses, and sunglasses; antique Donald Duck cast iron bank (to join Mickey and Minnie); running socks; a Run Disney countdown plaque; a fake-hair visor (maybe I should have included pictures); and some other stuff that eludes my brain right now.

Anyhow, it was a great conclusion to a great birthday weekend.  The best part is always being with family and realizing once again, that family is the best gift of all!
*******************************************************************************
Today is a gift because:  taking Everley to school and picking up Everley and Lindley from school; family birthday party; Mathieu's safe return from Korea

No comments: