Wednesday, August 6, 2014

It's Been A Busy Week

Sure, technically it may be the end of the week, but as far as you know, it's the middle of the week (it's BTZ, aka the Blogosphere Time Zone).  Anyhow, GDizzle has been here visiting, I've been on day care bus duty, and I've had a few projects to get started/complete.  And my house is eternally needing to be cleaned. Excuses?  Duh - it's my forte.

So I thought today I would help you with your excuse list, just in case your excuses are a little lame.  It's not often you get learnin' from a master.  With that, here are Lu's Top Ten Five Excuses (that can pretty much be used in any situation).

  1. I can't do (fill in the blank) because I might have to do (fill in the blank) later.  The beauty of this one is that not only do you get out of your present situation, but possibly out of the latter situation because you said the magic word, "might".
  2. I can't do (fill in the blank) because I don't have the proper tools/equipment/whatever.  This one not only gets you out of your present situation, but also warrants a shopping trip.  On which you will forget whatever you needed, and end up purchasing something that will create a new procrastination situation.
  3. I can't do (fill in the blank) because I don't want to.  Unfortunately, this excuse makes you look lazy. Which you are.  Sometimes you have to face reality.  Unfortunately even facing reality does not get your butt in gear.
  4. I can't do (fill in the blank) because I need to further my education.  Never mind that your "education" involves surfing the net for the newest photographs of Prince George, or Kim Kardashian's last selfie of her ginormous butt, or looking up the lyrics to "The Beverly Hillbillies" theme song because it's been stuck in your head all morning.  Edjication is edjication, people.
  5. I can't do (fill in the blank) because I am four days overdue on my daily blog posts and I need to find a kitty video/blog topic/ANYTHING so that I can catch up. Not that I've ever used this one ...

Anyhow, now that you have used your excuse of "I can't do (fill in the blank) because I need to read Luanne's blog just in case she gets caught up," you can now go get busy on whatever it is that you were planning to avoid.  You're welcome!
*************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  taking Everley to school; getting another project completed

No comments: