Sunday, July 27, 2014

Visitors and Such

Steve brought GDiz to Nashville yesterday for a visit.  Since getting here yesterday, they have been busy in several ways - napping (yes, both of them), shopping (so far a new watch, flashlight, jacket, and who knows what else), riding around (but not getting lost), and eating at Cracker Barrel (two nights in a row).  There's also been a little bit of sitting outside, but since today's heat index approached 105 (according to Steve's weather thingy), sitting outside had to wait until much later this evening.

And speaking of the heat, Udderly Pink planned to do a long training walk this morning.  That was until we actually got outside and discovered it was going to be a Nashville sauna day.  In other words, if it wasn't damp enough from the humidity, the sweat pouring off our faces remedied the situation.  We trekked up and down the "rolling hills" of Nashville, had a bit of breakfast, and then decided to go to our homes because we each had some personal agendas to attend to.

My agenda?  To go home and wait the arrival of my new refrigerator.  Yes - I finally caved (in several ways) and decided to get an early birthday present of a new refrigerator.  Yes, I got a new one four years ago, but that one has an icemaker issue in that it makes ice, but when you open the freezer drawer to get ice or anything else, the ice goes all over the floor and the freezer (I purposely did not want not purchase a frig with a water/ice thingy in the door).  Anyhow, after four years of attempting to retrieve the ice underneath the freezer baskets and cleaning ice off the floor, I decided I had had enough and decided to get a new one.

Last week I took Molly to look at the frig I had decided upon.  Which of course did not have a water/ice on the door thingy and was going to be white.  By the time she and Floyd The Home Depot Dude had finished with me, I was leaning toward the stainless steel frig not only with the water/ice thingy but also with a fancy schmacy door that is inside the door that you open if you just want something like a bottle of G2.  Yes, it sounds complicated.

Anyhow, Molly and I left Floyd (mainly because he would not leave us alone) and Molly went home and found it cheaper at my nemesis, Lowes (actually I used to like Lowes a lot until the GDiz dryer debacle). Nevertheless, since it was cheaper and everything else worked out, Molly ordered it online.  They called and said the first day it could be delivered would be today, so we cut the walk short because they said it would be at the house between 8-12 (I don't know how the scheduler person can say this with a straight face).

So Molly and I got home in order to unload the frig so that it could be hauled to the sunroom when they got here.  Finally around 10am, they called and said they're on their way and would be here in 30 minutes. They got here and inspected my current frig and measured doors and got ready to get busy.  Except they discovered they forgot the appliance dolly back at the warehouse because the inventory for today didn't get pulled yesterday because everything was so busy so they had to pull the inventory today and unbox it and load it up.  In other words, today was going to be a very long day for them.  So they got in their truck and headed back to the warehouse to get the dolly.

Eventually they return, take off all the doors and appendages to my current frig and wheel it out through the den to wheel it into the sunroom (because the door hinges on the door from the kitchen to the laundry room cannot be taken off because the door molding was put around the hinges and would have to be taken off to pop out the hinges).  Once that was out, the new frig less its doors and appendges was rolled in and Dudes 1 and 2 started reassembling both friges.  Eventually both friges were in working order and were loaded with various groceries to be resorted tomorrow.  Lowes, you have redeemed yourself.  For now, anyway.

Molly loves the frig she chose for me!
Anyhow, I am now the proud owner of a stainless steel frig with ice and water in the door.  I caved in to both the icy water and non-white color.  Guess this means I am getting modern in my old age. Of course it doesn't match my other applicances, which are all white, but I guess I'll replace them as they wear out (which means, the dishwasher will go first since it gets used the most, the microwave will go next since it sounds like an airplane going off when it is being used, and finally the stove because it will eventually give up ever being used).  Welcome to the Doik, GDiz and New Frig!!
***********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  a small training walk with UP Sharon, KB, and Molly and peach french toast and drinks; frig delivery dudes; new frig; Lindley and Everley time; dinner at the Barrel (again) with Steve, GDiz, Sam, Lindley, Lynnette, and Molly; Molly laminating my numbers and getting her travel agent thing

No comments: