Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Tidbits

So the past couple of times I've gotten in my car, I've heard a faint little "ding."  I would glance at the dashboard, looking for a glaring "YOU IN TRUBBLE NOW, GURRRLL" type indicator, but could not see any.  I would look at my radio, thinking perhaps it had suddenly developed that thing that Steve has on his satellite radio that dings every time 50 Cent is playing on a channel - but the words "50 Cent" did not appear on my dash.  I would glance at my phone, thinking perhaps it was telling me something - but no, the face was dark and silent.

Finally today, as I was pulling out of the driveway, I heard the ding again, and I perused the dash a little more closely.  Uhhhh - I believe the ding was telling me that I WAS OUT OF GAS!!  Luckily for me, my little car coasted on fumes until I could get to the gas station.  Apparently little dings mean a lot ...

On today's agenda was picking up these two and heading to KB's pool for a pool birthday party for her two 9-year-old ggirls.  One of these two dutifully put on her swim life jacket thingy and one did not, preferring to keep LaLa busy running after her, insuring that someone did not fall into the pool and drown, an incident that would be frowned upon by someone's parents.

Nevertheless, a good time was had by all - the one who spent the entire time in the pool and the other one who visited the food bar several times - in between balancing on the side of the pool and flirting with falling into the pool.  After cupcakes, everyone was returned safely to their parents and their homes.  And LaLa went home and directly to bed ...
******************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  taking Everley to school; picking up Everley and Lindley and going to KB's pool party; a little vacay planning

No comments: