Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Slarty at LaLa's

Lindley's parents are out of town, so she was going to spend tonight with me.  Since there are some days I take Everley to school this week, I offered to let her spend the night, too.  Since Steve is out of town, the whole slarty (slumber party) seemed a no-brainer.

We started the party with my picking them both up from school.  Of course I had snacks for them in the car.  We came home and promptly used the foam out of their chairs (so I could wash the covers) to make forts and cars and things for jumping on and off.  Then we jumped in the trampoline for awhile.  Then LaLa made mac and cheese for dinner, along with leftover cornbread, applesauce, grapes, and whatever else they could find.

Next it was time for baths, which they both love, so that took up some time (since they're both bigger, I don't have to stand lifeguard every second - I actually get the opportunity to run to the washing machine to throw in a load).  After almost an hour, they consented to get out, mostly because Maribeth had come over to visit.

After putting on pjs (actually nightgowns), everyone got in my bed to watch "Monsters U" and hopefully fall asleep.  Which they did.  Guess my turn is next.  Now all I have to do is figure out what to fix for breakfast ...

Oh, and I got my suitcase unpacked today!!  At least the big one ...
****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because: picking up L and E at school and chatting with Ms Lui; unpacking my suitcase; running a few errands; Steve's safe travel to Boston and Sam and Lynnette's safe travel to Orlando; slarty with the girls

No comments: