Friday, June 13, 2014

Listening

KB's mom is sick.  She's in the hospital with a particularly rough case of pneumonia.  She was admitted just about the time my Alaska cruise ended, so KB's been kind of busy taking care of her mom and we haven't managed to find time to get together.

Ms. Ruth (KB's mom) has been having a couple of rough days, so I've tried to not bother KB.  I know she's had a lot on her hands, being the only child and having to deal with doctors and hospitals.  I've tried to think of what I could do, and have pretty much come up with nothing.  I've great at doing things - but in the background.  Coming out and barging in and trying to find a way to help just isn't my method of action.

Today as I was in the middle of my Target therapy, KB texted me a video of her little girls giving a get-well message for Ms. Ruth.  We texted back a couple of messages and I told her that we were praying for them. Of course I asked if there was anything I could do, and of course she said "nothing."

I kept shopping, and then I heard God say, "Go to the hospital."  And that was it.  As often as I don't listen to Him, this was a clear message.  So I finished up my therapy, paid for my stuff, got in my car, and headed home to unload my sacks (I had some perishables in the stack, so this was a necessary stop.  I also needed to get out of my skin-tight workout pants and attempt to find some more suitable ones).  I also got the sun catcher and rocks I had brought back from Alaska for KB.

Of course, the entire time I'm in my car, I'm trying to second-guess God.  What if KB wasn't in the hospital room?  What if she was at work?  What if Ms Ruth was there by herself?  Would I go in?  Would she know me?  What would I do then?  I prayed all the way to the hospital (that's after I picked the wrong hospital on my car's navigation and realized I was headed in the wrong direction and got in a fight with my car's navigation and finally got us both going in the correct direction).

I got to the hospital and all was as it should be.  Ms. Ruth was there, feeling a little better after her morning bath, and KB was there, along with family friend Dewey.  We all got a chance to visit and chat and KB and I caught up a bit.  It was just as God had planned it, and thankfully today I listened and acted as I should.

Tonight and whenever you may read this or think about it (because I believe God will put it on your heart), offer up a prayer for KB and Ms. Ruth.  Things are a bit tough right now, and they could use your thoughts and prayers.  The good news is that God's got them right in His Hands.  And for all of us, that's just the best place we could hope to be.
***************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Lindley and Everley time; Steve cooking burgers for the family at dinner; chatting with baby Bennett from next door; Target therapy; visit with KB, Dewey and Ms. Ruth

No comments: