Sunday, April 13, 2014

Totin'

As I continue my never-ending attempts to clean and/or declutter my house, I find that I do a lot of totin' - that would be Southern for carrying things from one place to the next.  In my house's case, I am carrying boxes and bags of things from one room to the other.

Here's how it starts ...  I decide on a room to be cleaned, and set about doing it.  I usually have a box or bag and put things in it that belong in another room.  By the time I determine that I am done with a room (clean or not - I am done), I have a bag of stuff to deposit in another room, because the stuff in question belongs there.  The problem then becomes the other room, because now it has more stuff in it, so I clean that room, putting away the sacked stuff, only to have a new sack with more stuff - that belongs in another room.

My question it, how did all this stuff, that cannot move on its on, end up in all the wrong rooms?  I know stuff procreates at night and creates new stuff, but I am just now realizing that in addition to the ability to multiply, stuff also seems to have the ability to ambulate.  In other words, I have some pretty talented stuff.

So now, much like the conundrum of the chicken and the egg, the question is this - what comes first - the moving or the multiplying of my stuff?  And, more importantly, which is the more time and mind consuming - the moving or the multiplying?  I have no answer - just lots of misplaced stuff.

Oh well, gotta get back to totin' more stuff - before it has a chance to multiply!!
****************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Going to see Charity at Sonic with Molly; kitchen reorganizing with Molly; Steve's safe travel home; late night visit to Molly's; Lindley time; Lindley going with me to pick up Sam at the airport

No comments: