Thursday, April 10, 2014

Family

Today's Throwback Thursday is a picture of me and my sisters-in-law, Steve's four sisters.  One year, maybe for his parents' anniversary, his mom made us all dresses alike. We wore them, I assume out of respect for his mom and her efforts.  I'm pretty sure none of us wore them many, if any, other times, and certainly not at the same time.

But the point of this is that my mother-in-law didn't have to make me one.  She could have just made Rachel, Kitty, Judy, and Dot a dress and left me out.  Certainly being the "in-law" would have exempt me from being part of the group.  But she included me.  And throughout the years, they have all included me, in both the good and the not-so-good times.

Because that's what family is really all about.  It's not always about how you got there, but that you're loved and part of the family, no matter how or when you get there.  You're part of the group and share all things family.  And if you're really lucky, you get a matching dress.
*****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I got a project finished and in the mail; made an airport run for Sam; Maribeth helped with Sam's car return; Steve's fun at the Masters and safe travel to Birmingham; getting a few tasks accomplished

No comments: