Friday, January 24, 2014

Refreshed

Today I decided to get my hair trimmed up.  As usual it was a spur of the moment decision, and as usual, I walked into the beauty shop willing to take whomever was available.  One of the stylists that I've seen there for a long time had an opening and took me right in.  I decided to go for the full treatment and get a shampoo and blow-dry/style (I usually go in right after I've washed it and leave with it still wet).  I decided today I was going to go for the whole shebang.

About an hour later, I left with a lighter head from getting my hair cut and a clean and "styled" (as much as Mollie could style my hair) hairdo.  I felt refreshed, at least from my neck up.

The point of all this?  Just to say that sometimes it's worth it to go the extra few yards and treat yourself.  Maybe it's a shampoo and style, or maybe it's a massage, or maybe it's a mani-pedi (on the schedule for tomorrow).  Sometimes it's refreshing to know that you've put yourself first, even for just a moment.  Because if you don't put yourself first sometimes, how will anybody else?
*************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Lindley and Everley time; picking up Everley at school and Sam at the airport; registering for DL Half; getting a haircut with Mollie

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

So true! And, you are worth it! o:)