Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's Winter, Y'All!

Today it warmed up a bit so we Nashvegas folks could go outside without griping about how cold it is.  However, this shall be short-lived, as winter is returning with a vengeance tomorrow morning.  This has really been a consistent bit of winter weather - at least for us.  Usually it's "cold today, warm tomorrow."

However, I am finding the best thing about cold weather is this:  my electric heater mattress pad.  At night (and yes, sometimes during an afternoon siesta), I will crank that baby on high, wait for it to warm up, and then crawl inside.  Heavenly!!  At least until I have to go back outside for some errand running.

Anyhow, for all my Nawthern friends, I shall try not to envy you next summer when the heat and humidity are frizzing my hair to new heights.  I shall remember this bone-chilling wind coming from your parts of the country and be thankful that our snows barely provide ground cover and not car cover.

Y'all stay warm, ya hear!!
*********************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Two slow miles with KB in the early morning cold; beautiful warm up so E and L could play outside; Lindley and Everley time; Molly bringing Sonic drinks

No comments: