Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Getting Stuff Done

Usually when you return home from vacation, you (at least I do) have lots of stuff to do.  Unpacking, washing, cleaning, catching up, and so on.  It's just a matter of figuring out what to do in what order.  In my case, it's what pile of stuff to tackle first. 

The easiest thing is the laundry, since my washer has decided to quit and I am awaiting delivery of a new one (tomorrow).  So I just keep piling the pile higher.

The next thing would be the bills and mail and such.  But that would require deciding what's important and what's not and what to file and what to shred and what to recycle.  Clearly a job for a day on which I have a clear head.  Doesn't look like today's that day.

So on we move to the next thing - cleaning some part of the house.  There's really just too big of a choice there, so I think I will just empty the trash.  Only because it's piled so high it's about to fall over on the floor.  And I sifted the litter box, so it really should be taken out.  Wow.  Something accomplished.

So after that Herculean task, I have decided to do something that is probably the most important - catch up on all the sleep I lost in the past week or so.  Now, THAT is a job worth doing!!
*****************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  got a few things accomplished; Steve's safe travel back home; Lindley and Everley time

No comments: