Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Okay you Northern people - I sort of get it now.  I mean, I thought I knew what cold was, but after today, you can have it back.  Because today in Nashville, it was C-O-L-D!!

Now maybe "the teens" isn't that cold for some of you.  For Nashvillians, it was "cancel school and buy milk and eggs" cold.  We're used to cold being in the 20s, and complaining about it (which is reverse from the summer when we complain about how hot it is).  If it's cold enough to put on a coat, then it's cold enough.  Today if you didn't have on your gloves, you made a big mistake.  Which of course, I did.

While it was cold today, it was also sunny and I had several errands to complete.  So out I went sans gloves.  Once I got in my little car and realized my gloveless mistake, I considered going back inside the house to retrieve them, but upon the realization that I would have to get out of the car and back into the cold, I opted out.  Besides, I was pretty sure that I had emergency gloves in the car.  Which I couldn't find.  So I went on my errands without gloves which probably accounts for the dry flaky digits that I now have.  By the way, the emergency gloves?  Right in plain sight in the cubby above the glove compartment.

Anyhow, I accomplished my errands without freezing and made it back home.  In time to pack (several days early, mind you) for a trip to warmer weather.  But we'll chat about that later ...
*****************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I got three cars to the emissions place and they all passed; the nice although freezing people manning the emissions station; having a roast cook all day in the crock pot and Steve making gravy to go with it; getting Maribeth's cruise changed; taking a nice hot bath tonight to warm my bones; completing a bunch of other errands


1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

I saw the temps for Nashville today no the news and immediately thought of you. Then, I went and got in my car where it said it was 1 degree outside! You are so right about needing the gloves!