Sunday, November 10, 2013

Motivation

Today Molly asked me an interesting question.  She asked, "What would really motivate you to lose the weight you want to lose?"  I had to admit that there isn't anything out there that apparently is doing the trick.  She named a few things and I responded that I have created my own list of rewards, but nothing seems to stick. But it really caused me to think about what does and/or would really motivate me to do the things that I really want to do.

I finally told her that what really motivates me is organization and planning (as evidenced by the billions of plans I've come up with over the years).  I do well when I have a plan of action (and follow it).  When left to my own whims, chaos and a big mess results.  I hope that's the answer and I can put it to work.

But at least I've really started thinking about motivation and my frequent lack of it.  Maybe it's not really motivation I lack - it's really working on reaching a goal instead of waiting to be inspired to get there.
**********************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  Lindley and Everley time; Molly and I visiting Charity at work;  Charity's sweet gift card to us; getting Maribeth's and Molly's cars cleaned out; Steve and Sam's safe travel home

1 comment:

Denise in PA said...

Well, when you figure it out, let me know! o:)