Monday, October 28, 2013

Signs, Signs, Everywhere A Sign ...

Today as I was driving about, I noticed the number of signs planted in front lawns.  The signs suggested that I vote against this, or for that, or a combination of both.  Since I didn't know who/what many of the signs were about, I must say that I remained neutral on their suggestions.

It's not that I don't care.  I do - but mostly about the immediate issues in my own personal life, which at times, there can be a bookoodle of them.  Sure, many of the issues represented by those signs probably do affect me in some way.  But since they do not affect me or my family right this very minute, I'll have to put those signs and their issues on the back burner.

Right now there are many people who have opinions about what is going on in Washington, D.C.  And just like the last Presidential election, there are many people who have vehement opinions about who is right and who is wrong.  And rather than be lambasted for what I do or don't believe, I prefer to remain quiet on the (or any) subject.  Call me Switzerland, call me an ostrich sticking my head into the sand, call me whatever you may like - just don't call me on the phone and ask my opinion.  Because if it's different from yours and you take it personally, I certainly don't want to hear that.

Yes, I should probably be more dedicated to a cause.  And when I find a cause that deeply moves me, I will be dedicated, possibly even erecting my own sign.  Just don't bang me over the head with it if you disagree!
*******************************************************************************
Today was a great day because:  I deposited and picked up Everley at school; made some successful phone calls; found the numbers necessary to add flights to my American account

No comments: